noun[mass noun] Chemistry
- A strongly acidic solution of the gas hydrogen bromide in water.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: HBr
- The reaction requires large excesses of hydrobromic acid so that this synthesis has no economic importance.
- Pure hydrobromic acid is a clear, colorless, fuming corrosive liquid with a strong, pungent odor.
- If necessary, the volume was adjusted by adding concentrated hydrobromic acid.
More definitions of hydrobromic acidDefinition of hydrobromic acid in:
- The US English dictionary