noun[mass noun] Chemistry
- An acidic, extremely corrosive solution of the liquid hydrogen fluoride in water.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: HF
- Toxic gases may be emitted, and poisoning from carbon monoxide, hydrofluoric acid, and sulphur dioxide can occur.
- But if you're going to be precise, hydrofluoric acid is a water solution of hydrogen fluoride, HF.
- Selected hand-picked samples were analyzed after being dissolved (typically using hydrofluoric acid for silicates and concentrated nitric acid for phosphates).
More definitions of hydrofluoric acidDefinition of hydrofluoric acid in:
- The US English dictionary