Definition of hydrogen in English:
A colourless, odourless, highly flammable gas, the chemical element of atomic number 1. (Symbol: H)
- We know that the Moon is low on certain chemicals such as hydrogen and carbon.
- Chemically, oil is made up of chains of carbon, hydrogen and oxygen called fatty acid.
- It was a very dry world, almost no water, and not much carbon, hydrogen or oxygen either.
- Example sentences
- Based on new results, the role played by hydrogenous species in the generation is explored.
- In the U.S., we import almost everything under the sun, and many of those imports are hydrogenous.
- These materials are made of a low density solid hydrogenous material which binds a powder of medium density materials.
Definition of hydrogen in:
- US English dictionary