- A weak bond between two molecules resulting from an electrostatic attraction between a proton in one molecule and an electronegative atom in the other.More example sentences
- The two electronegative atoms involved in a hydrogen bond are not bonded covalently; they are non-covalent, electrostatic partners.
- Each hydrogen bond between molecules is much weaker than the covalent bonds holding the atoms together within the molecule.
- Compared to say, a covalent bond, a hydrogen bond is approximately one tenth of that strength.
More definitions of hydrogen bondDefinition of hydrogen bond in:
- The US English dictionary