noun[mass noun] Chemistry
- A highly poisonous gas or volatile liquid with an odour of bitter almonds, made by the action of acids on cyanides.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: HCN
- Added to this would have been chemical consequences, the generation of poisonous hydrogen cyanide and nitrous oxide in the atmosphere.
- Tobacco contains over 4000 dangerous chemicals in the form of particles and gasses, particularly tar, nicotine, benzene, carbon monoxide, hydrogen cyanide and formaldehyde.
- In a fire, carbon monoxide, hydrogen cyanide, ammonia and hundreds of other chemicals can poison you and attack your eyes, nose, throat and lungs.
More definitions of hydrogen cyanideDefinition of hydrogen cyanide in:
- The US English dictionary