1 [mass noun] The use of exercises in a pool as part of treatment for conditions such as arthritis: [as modifier]: a hydrotherapy pool
More example sentences
- Physiotherapy involves a range of treatments, including manipulation, massage, exercise, electrotherapy and hydrotherapy.
- A pool for hydrotherapy, which is extremely popular with the children, is very beneficial for spastic and un-coordinated muscular tone.
- Part of my rehab after the injury was to get in a pool for hydrotherapy.
2 another term for hydropathy.
- These included nature cure, fasting, hydrotherapy, colonics, exercise, diet emphasizing raw foods and vegetarianism.
- Other forms of treatment may include yoga or Pilates, homeopathic and herbal remedies, hydrotherapy and acupuncture.
- A more extreme treatment is colonic irrigation, also called colonic hydrotherapy.
- Example sentences
- Therapist David Newman, writing in the website for colonic hydrotherapists, says colon problems are particularly rife in Britain.
- Those interviewed included medical doctors, chiropractors, naturopaths, osteopaths, acupuncturists, nutritional counselors, colon hydrotherapists, and other practitioners.
- ‘Most people can carry between 15 to 25 pounds of impacted fecal matter stuck to the walls of their colon,’ says Alma Bolden, a colon hydrotherapist at The Awareness Institute for Wellness in Atlanta.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: hydro|ther¦apy
Definition of hydrotherapy in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.