Definition of hydrotherapy in English:
1 [mass noun] The use of exercises in a pool as part of treatment for conditions such as arthritis: [as modifier]: a hydrotherapy pool
More example sentences
- Physiotherapy involves a range of treatments, including manipulation, massage, exercise, electrotherapy and hydrotherapy.
- A pool for hydrotherapy, which is extremely popular with the children, is very beneficial for spastic and un-coordinated muscular tone.
- Part of my rehab after the injury was to get in a pool for hydrotherapy.
2 another term for hydropathy.
- These included nature cure, fasting, hydrotherapy, colonics, exercise, diet emphasizing raw foods and vegetarianism.
- Other forms of treatment may include yoga or Pilates, homeopathic and herbal remedies, hydrotherapy and acupuncture.
- A more extreme treatment is colonic irrigation, also called colonic hydrotherapy.
- Example sentences
- Therapist David Newman, writing in the website for colonic hydrotherapists, says colon problems are particularly rife in Britain.
- Those interviewed included medical doctors, chiropractors, naturopaths, osteopaths, acupuncturists, nutritional counselors, colon hydrotherapists, and other practitioners.
- ‘Most people can carry between 15 to 25 pounds of impacted fecal matter stuck to the walls of their colon,’ says Alma Bolden, a colon hydrotherapist at The Awareness Institute for Wellness in Atlanta.
Definition of hydrotherapy in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan