noun[mass noun] Botany
- The growth or turning of plant roots towards or away from moisture.More example sentences
- Such seedlings behaved identically to seedlings grown on uncovered filter paper and, hence, any possible effects of hydrotropism were eliminated.
- Our experiment proved that hydrotropism really does exist, and watering the plants differently affects root growth.
- These analyses indicate that the application of new genetic screens for dissecting complex signaling phenomena such as hydrotropism is promising.
More definitions of hydrotropismDefinition of hydrotropism in:
- The US English dictionary