- A compound of a metal with the hydroxide ion OH− (as in many alkalis) or the group —OH.More example sentences
- Nitrates are formed from reacting nitric acid with metal oxides, hydroxides, or carbonates.
- Soaps are created by the chemical reaction of a fatty acid with an alkali metal hydroxide.
- Initially, the ammonia and carbon dioxide reacts with water to form the weak electrolytes, ammonium hydroxide and carbonic acid.
More definitions of hydroxideDefinition of hydroxide in:
- The US English dictionary