Definition of hydroxylate in English:
verb[with object] (often as adjective hydroxylated) Chemistry
Introduce a hydroxyl group into (a molecule or compound): a hydroxylated metabolite of cholecalciferol
More example sentences
- The pheromone has been partially purified and consists of several related molecules similar to hydroxylated fatty acids.
- It appears generally that hydroxylated indoles undergo photodegradation more readily than nonhydroxylated derivatives.
- Both women and men with lupus have been found to have increased concentrations of 16 - hydroxylated estrogens in the serum.
- Example sentences
- During phase I, functional groups are added to the drug, or existing functional groups are transformed through oxidation, reduction, hydroxylation, hydrolysis and so on.
- The effect of hydroxylation of the long fatty acid chain may also promote the adhesion by its participation in hydrogen bonding.
- This analysis indicated that, tentatively, increased stem elongation was accompanied by a promotion of cutin monomer hydroxylation.
Definition of hydroxylate in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan