Definition of hymnal in English:
A book of hymns.
- This hymn has traditionally been the first hymn in Methodist hymnals since the time of Wesley.
- Unfortunately, no details were given as to the criteria for selection of the hymnals nor were the hymnals themselves named.
- Therefore, congregations have had the liberty to choose their own liturgy, including their hymns and hymnals.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to hymns: hymnal music
More example sentences
- Yet, as on ‘Children's Waltz’ and ‘Lullaby’, the wave of pastel, hymnal harmonies are hard to deny on aesthetic grounds.
- Closer ‘Darkened Car’ circles back to the album's hymnal beginnings.
- And that hymnal quality extends to other cuts such as ‘Roll Away’ and ‘Forgiveness’.
Words that rhyme with hymnalcardinal • libidinal • ordinal
Definition of hymnal in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan