noun[mass noun] Chemistry
- A poisonous plant alkaloid used as an anti-emetic in motion sickness and as a preoperative medication for examination of the eye.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: C17H21NO4. It is obtained chiefly from plants of the genus Scopolia, family Solanaceae
- There are also painkilling tablets available that contain the drug, hyoscine (eg Feminax), that may help prevent the muscle contractions.
- Valid data are needed on old molecules that are still widely used in clinical practice (for example, haloperidol or hyoscine).
- For more serious travel sickness your doctor may prescribe patches containing hyoscine (an anti-nausea drug).
More definitions of hyoscineDefinition of hyoscine in:
- The US English dictionary