noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Abnormally heightened sensitivity to pain.More example sentences
- These mediators and the related tissue injury prolong pain and hyperalgesia.
- They also act as mediators of inflammatory hyperalgesia.
- The mechanism for the pain may involve the development of an area of hyperalgesia as a result of myofascial stretch injury.
- More example sentences
- One hypothesis is that both the hyperalgesic and analgesic actions of isoflurane require noradrenergic pain pathways.
- Of particular interest to us recently have been the mechanisms by which these direct hyperalgesic mediators affect primary afferents to lower threshold.
- When H - 8, a protein kinase G inhibitor, was injected 90 minutes after PGE2, however, the hyperalgesic duration was reduced.
More definitions of hyperalgesiaDefinition of hyperalgesia in:
- The US English dictionary