- Of or involving a gas at a pressure greater than normal: a hyperbaric chamber hyperbaric oxygenMore example sentences
- They tried oxygen under pressure in a hyperbaric chamber.
- The pressure inside the hyperbaric chamber was achieved by compressed air.
- Supplemental oxygen or pressurized portable hyperbaric chambers should be used if descent is delayed.
1960s: from hyper- 'above normal' + Greek barus 'heavy'.
More definitions of hyperbaricDefinition of hyperbaric in:
- The US English dictionary