- 1Relating to a hyperbola.More example sentences
- In other words, in the hyperbolic disc the rectangles needed for the argument simply do not exist.
- I mean I liked it as much as I like finding the centres, vertices, foci, and asymptotes of various hyperbolic graphs.
- Whereas hyperbolic activity and elliptic motion characterizes the cab, a big rig manifests an elliptic activity and hyperbolic motion.
- 1.1 Mathematics Denoting trigonometrical functions defined with reference to a hyperbola rather than a circle.More example sentences
- In fact, it corresponds to the graph of a function called the hyperbolic cosine.
- See this issue's mystery mix for a comparison of Euclidean, hyperbolic, and spherical geometry.
- He studied time dependent hyperbolic partial differential equations and also began to work on the Cauchy problem.
- 2(Of language) deliberately exaggerated.More example sentences
- Amazingly enough, the tone of the article is a throwback to the hyperbolic language of the boom.
- Avoid hyperbolic language and narration that pump air into stories that have no real substance.
- They should answer hyperbolic attacks with exaggerated speech of their own, if that's what it takes to stave off political annihilation.
More definitions of hyperbolicDefinition of hyperbolic in:
- The US English dictionary