noun[mass noun] Medicine
- An excess of cholesterol in the bloodstream.More example sentences
- He has several chronic illnesses, including diabetes, hypercholesterolemia, and hypertension.
- Obesity is an independent risk factor for myocardial infarction, hypertension, hypercholesterolemia, and impaired glucose tolerance.
- Screening for hypercholesterolemia and coronary artery disease may be appropriate, depending on the clinical picture.
More definitions of hypercholesterolaemiaDefinition of hypercholesterolaemia in:
- The US English dictionary