- 1(In science fiction) a supposed propulsion system for travel in hyperspace: Mark may not be able to handle a hyperdrive [mass noun]: I slammed the ship into hyperdriveMore example sentences
- I know more about starship engines and hyperdrives than I ever wanted to know.
- Take up screening positions around Nova Fortress and have your hyperdrives slaved to ours.
- Propulsion was handled by four cold-fusion engines and the hyperdrive systems were prototype units.
- 1.1 [mass noun] Frantic activity; overdrive: the proliferation of house music sub-genres has gone into hyperdriveMore example sentences
- It seems to have gone into Christmas hyperdrive already, even down to the level of Christmas spice scented toilet cleaner in festive red bottles.
- It also got my salivary glands into hyperdrive with its description of all the extra goodies included in the re-release.
- And Gates responded by putting his company into hyperdrive.
More definitions of hyperdriveDefinition of hyperdrive in:
- The US English dictionary