noun[mass noun] Medicine
An abnormally high concentration of fats or lipids in the blood.
More example sentences
- The new recommended dose of fenofibrate for the treatment of primary hypercholesterolemia or mixed hyperlipemia is 145 mg per day.
- This research covered six areas of illness: tuberculosis, digestive disorders, ademonia, hyperlipemia, cardiac arrest and cancer.
- Studies using transgenic manipulations of the dAkh gene demonstrated that AKH induced both hypertrehalosemia and hyperlipemia.
- More example sentences
- Hence, at the very least, R. guttata are not hyperlipemic in response to injections of endogenous AKHs.
- Cells were quiesced for 48 h and stimulated with either hyperlipemic or normolipemic sera.
- Postmortem examination of hyperlipemic miniature horses has revealed fatty infiltration of the liver and kidneys.
Definition of hyperlipaemia in:
- The US English dictionary