Definition of hyperlipaemia in English:
noun[mass noun] Medicine
An abnormally high concentration of fats or lipids in the blood.
- The new recommended dose of fenofibrate for the treatment of primary hypercholesterolemia or mixed hyperlipemia is 145 mg per day.
- This research covered six areas of illness: tuberculosis, digestive disorders, ademonia, hyperlipemia, cardiac arrest and cancer.
- Studies using transgenic manipulations of the dAkh gene demonstrated that AKH induced both hypertrehalosemia and hyperlipemia.
- Example sentences
- Hence, at the very least, R. guttata are not hyperlipemic in response to injections of endogenous AKHs.
- Cells were quiesced for 48 h and stimulated with either hyperlipemic or normolipemic sera.
- Postmortem examination of hyperlipemic miniature horses has revealed fatty infiltration of the liver and kidneys.
Definition of hyperlipaemia in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan