noun[mass noun] Computing
- A software system allowing extensive cross-referencing between related sections of text and associated graphic material: [as modifier]: hypertext linkMore example sentences
- Its graphical interface and point-and-click hypertext links made it easy to use.
- The power of hypertext linking and text markup is everywhere apparent.
- In this manner, the merging of expert systems technology with hypertext was quite successful.
More definitions of hypertextDefinition of hypertext in:
- The US English dictionary