- Relating to the state immediately before falling asleep.More example sentences
- These patients also reported and described hypnagogic images upon falling asleep.
- I wasn't sure whether or not I was suffering from a hypnagogic hallucination!
- Sleep paralysis occurs in the hypnagogic state or the hypnopompic state.
late 19th century: from French hypnagogique, from Greek hupnos 'sleep' + agōgos 'leading' (from agein 'to lead').
More definitions of hypnagogicDefinition of hypnagogic in:
- The US English dictionary