- Relating to the state immediately preceding waking up.More example sentences
- Also the state in-between sleeping and waking is NOT the hypnagogic state but the hypnopompic state.
- The level I am talking about is also hypnagogic & hypnopompic, because sleep brings on the same feeling of hypnosis.
- Sleep paralysis occurs in the hypnagogic state or the hypnopompic state.
early 20th century: from Greek hupnos 'sleep' + pompē 'sending away' + -ic.
More definitions of hypnopompicDefinition of hypnopompic in:
- The US English dictionary