Definition of hypnotism in English:
The study or practice of hypnosis.
- Another psychologist, E.M. Thornton, extends the analogy between hypnotism, mesmerism, and exorcism.
- He was so impressed that he went on to study psychology, neuro-linguistic programming and hypnotism.
- I find mentalism, hypnotism and the study of body language very intriguing.
- Example sentences
- Although Hunter was no hypnotist, I had taken a hypnosis course and had been practicing on volunteers for a semester.
- He was the pre-eminent neuroscientist in Russia, an expert clinician and skilled hypnotist.
- The only explanation I can think of is that the lead singer is actually a hypnotist who mesmerizes the vulnerable into buying their albums.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan