Definition of hypnotism in English:
The study or practice of hypnosis.
- Another psychologist, E.M. Thornton, extends the analogy between hypnotism, mesmerism, and exorcism.
- He was so impressed that he went on to study psychology, neuro-linguistic programming and hypnotism.
- I find mentalism, hypnotism and the study of body language very intriguing.
- Example sentences
- Although Hunter was no hypnotist, I had taken a hypnosis course and had been practicing on volunteers for a semester.
- He was the pre-eminent neuroscientist in Russia, an expert clinician and skilled hypnotist.
- The only explanation I can think of is that the lead singer is actually a hypnotist who mesmerizes the vulnerable into buying their albums.