Definition of hypogene in English:
Producing or occurring under the surface of the earth.
- As fluids moved out from the intrusions, hypogene mineralization progressed in four stages.
- He concluded that the pearceite was probably hypogene and did not result from secondary, supergene enrichment.
- It has been somewhat tentatively identified as a primary hypogene mineral in several deposits.
- Example sentences
- Furthermore, at least 50% of the total copper in the heap is in the form of hypogenic copper sulfides.
- These catheters are constructed with 100% silicone and are beneficial to people with hypogenic alergies.
- This process generates, for example, geothermal systems, hypogenic caves, and vein-hosted Au deposits, which I study in some detail.
Mid 19th century: from hypo- 'under' + Greek genēs '-born, of a certain kind'.
Definition of hypogene in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.