Definition of hypokalaemia in English:
noun[mass noun] Medicine
Deficiency of potassium in the bloodstream.
- Underlying causes of atrial fibrillation should be treated, including infection, congestive heart failure, hypoxia, hypokalemia and pneumonia.
- We have found aldosterone antagonists especially helpful in patients with persistent hypokalemia despite potassium replacement.
- More potassium is given if hypokalemia is present.
- Example sentences
- Hypochloremic, hypokalemic, or metabolic alkalosis might be present in patients who purge.
- A report in the Internal Medicine Journal describes a patient with chronic caffeine toxicity manifesting as hypokalaemic myopathy.
- Consumers should not take glycyrrhizin while fasting or if they are hypokalemic, pregnant, or diabetic.
Definition of hypokalaemia in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan