Definition of hypomagnesaemia in English:
noun[mass noun] Medicine & Veterinary Medicine
Deficiency of magnesium in the blood, important in cattle as the cause of grass tetany.
- Rule out reversible underlying causes (such as hypokalemia, hypomagnesemia and hypoxia).
- Severe magnesium deficiency, or hypomagnesaemia, can block the release of parathyroid hormone.
- Hypokalemia and/or hypomagnesemia can increase the risk of QT prolongation and arrhythmia.
- Example sentences
- There was a single case of clinical hypomagnesaemic tetany for a ewe grazing an N plus K plot in year 1.
- In a hypomagnesemic patient with healthy kidneys, the excretion of magnesium should be less than 1 mEq / L.
- It has been suggested that some forms of hypertension could be due to the direct effects of a hypomagnesaemic state on arteriolar and venular tone.
Definition of hypomagnesaemia in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan