noun[mass noun] Psychiatry
- A mild form of mania, marked by elation and hyperactivity.More example sentences
- As noted earlier, patients suffering from mania or hypomania seldom consult psychoanalysts.
- A mild to moderate level of mania is called hypomania.
- The clinical presentations of this disorder are broad and include mania, hypomania and psychosis.
- More example sentences
- No significant clinical side effects were observed during the study except one male who developed a hypomanic episode.
- However, one patient was withdrawn as a result of significant hypomanic personality changes.
- In addition, they may induce hypomanic or manic symptoms in vulnerable persons, unmasking bipolarity.
More definitions of hypomaniaDefinition of hypomania in:
- The US English dictionary