Entry from US English dictionary
Reduce the sensitivity of (a hypersensitive person) to an allergen by frequently injecting small amounts of the allergen; desensitize.
- In rare cases, a person can be hyposensitized to pet allergens with weekly injections like I did.
- The third alternative is to hyposensitize the animal against those substances causing an allergic reaction.
- Allergy shots to hyposensitize or build up an immunity to dog allergens will work on some people but not others.
- Example sentences
- The goal of hyposensitization is to decrease this number of acute attacks to the minimum possible.
- If hyposensitization appears to help the dog, injections will continue for several years.
- It is also called desensitization, hyposensitization, and allergy shots.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.