noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A congenital condition in males in which the opening of the urethra is on the underside of the penis.More example sentences
- The incidence of asthma is up, as is hypospadias - a congenital shortening of the urethra in males.
- The foreskin on a penis with hypospadias is also abnormal.
- In boys with hypospadias, the opening is on the under surface of penis and so the urine is directed down towards their feet.
early 19th century: from Greek hupospadias 'person having hypospadias', apparently from hypo- + span 'to draw'.
More definitions of hypospadiasDefinition of hypospadias in:
- The US English dictionary