verb[with object] • formal
- Treat or represent (something abstract) as a concrete reality: if religion is beyond speech or predication, as Gandhi affirms, can it be hypostasized?More example sentences
- To posit a rupture is to hypostasize a piercing through; an Aufhebung which neither lifts up nor preserves the dialectic.
- Nozick protests that he does not, as Hacking charges, describe rationality as a ‘hypostasised entity.’
- Love as God's mode of existence ‘hypostasizes’ God, constitutes his being.
More definitions of hypostasizeDefinition of hypostasize in:
- The US English dictionary