The condition of having an abnormally (typically dangerously) low body temperature: she was suffering from hypothermia
More example sentences
- Whether it was the beginnings of altitude sickness, hypothermia, or simply fatigue I have no idea.
- It is when body energy is exhausted that hypothermia becomes potentially life-threatening.
- The winter could bring hypothermia, pneumonia and other respiratory illnesses.
- More example sentences
- The dynamic modulus of elasticity decreased in a linear fashion over 60 days of hypothermic storage.
- A victim who is not breathing should not be assumed to be dead: a hypothermic person does not need to breathe very much.
- Improvements in the surgical procedure including reducing the hypothermic circulatory arrest time may improve outcome.
Definition of hypothermia in:
- The US English dictionary