noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Breathing at an abnormally slow rate, resulting in an increased amount of carbon dioxide in the blood.More example sentences
- The airway is reduced and the person will experience hypoventilation (inadequate breathing).
- Adverse outcomes during sedation usually have hypoxemia as a common pathway after hypoventilation or apnea leading to brain injury or death.
- Hypotension or hypoventilation that would have precluded transfer was no more common in older patients than in younger patients.
More definitions of hypoventilationDefinition of hypoventilation in:
- The US English dictionary