noun[mass noun] Medicine
- 1An abnormally low concentration of oxygen in the blood.More example sentences
- Indications for postoperative mechanical ventilation are respiratory acidosis, severe hypoxemia, atelectasis, and pneumonia.
- Correcting a functional abnormality, such as hypoxemia with oxygen therapy, can preserve life while the lung undergoes healing.
- The absence of tachypnoea is the most useful sign for ruling out pneumonia and hypoxaemia.
More definitions of hypoxaemiaDefinition of hypoxaemia in:
- The US English dictionary