Of or using iambuses: the epilogue is written in the finest iambic verse
More example sentences
- I have also used iambic tetrameter, a rhyme scheme that appears frequently in songs and uses four iambic feet.
- The second section of the poem, the last four lines, alternate between iambic tetrameter and pentameter.
- Here is how Arthur Golding rendered the scene, in iambic heptameter couplets, about the time Shakespeare was born.
1Iambic verse as a genre.
- Common metrical patterns in both poetry and music are iambic, trochaic, dactylic, amphibrachic, anapaestic, spondaic, and tribrachic.
- These days my feet tend more to the caution of the spondaic than the remorseless, heroic march of the iambic.
- You can mix it all up, iambic, hexameter, off-rhymes, scats, raps and syncopated accents.
1.1 (iambics) Iambic verse.
- She will slip from dactyls to iambics, pentameter to trimeter, quatrains to sestets.
- ‘The Beautiful Changes’ consists of three six-line stanzas in loose iambics with an anapestic lilt.
- There is often a meandering discursivity in the rhythm and content of Prynne's fractured iambics.
Words that rhyme with iambicchoriambic, dithyrambic
Definition of iambic in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.