More definitions of IBANDefinition of IBAN in:
- The US English dictionary
noun (plural same)
- 1A member of an indigenous people of Kalimantan and Sarawak. Also called Sea Dayak.More example sentences
- Some of the tribes that reside in Sarawak, Malaysia are the Iban, Orang Ulu, and Bidayuh.
- He's been to visit the Iban so many times that when he visits he is treated like an old friend.
- The Iban, a tribe of friendly headhunters, inhabits the area.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to the Iban or their language.More example sentences
- It will also carry the information: ‘This is the translation of the Bible in the Iban language'.
- Jenkin's film is a period piece, the story of an Iban servant girl who falls in love with a young Englishman in British-ruled Borneo.
- It's the natives of Borneo - in particular the former head hunting Iban tribe - that have captured Keith's heart.
the name in Iban.