noun (plural same)
1A member of an indigenous people of Kalimantan and Sarawak. Also called Sea Dayak.
- Some of the tribes that reside in Sarawak, Malaysia are the Iban, Orang Ulu, and Bidayuh.
- He's been to visit the Iban so many times that when he visits he is treated like an old friend.
- The Iban, a tribe of friendly headhunters, inhabits the area.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to the Iban or their language.
- It will also carry the information: ‘This is the translation of the Bible in the Iban language'.
- Jenkin's film is a period piece, the story of an Iban servant girl who falls in love with a young Englishman in British-ruled Borneo.
- It's the natives of Borneo - in particular the former head hunting Iban tribe - that have captured Keith's heart.
The name in Iban.
Words that rhyme with IbanAbadan, Abidjan, adhan, Amman, Antoine, Arne, Aswan, Avon, Azerbaijan, Baltistan, Baluchistan, Bantustan, barn, Bhutan, Dagestan, darn, dewan, Farne, guan, Hahn, Hanuman, Hindustan, Huascarán, Iran, Isfahan, Juan, Kazakhstan, khan, Koran, Kurdistan, Kurgan, Kyrgyzstan, macédoine, Mahon, maidan, Marne, Michoacán, Oman, Pakistan, pan, Pathan, Qumran, Rajasthan, Shan, Siân, Sichuan, skarn, soutane, Sudan, Tai'an, t'ai chi ch'uan, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Taklimakan, tarn, Tatarstan, Tehran, Tenochtitlán, Turkestan, Turkmenistan, tzigane, Uzbekistan, Vientiane, yarn, Yinchuan, yuan, Yucatán