- A hallucinogenic compound derived from the roots of a West African shrub, sometimes used as a treatment for heroin or cocaine addiction.
More example sentences
- The shrub is Tabernanthe iboga, family Apocynaceae
- Around the 30 minute mark on the nose, we veer off into ibogaine as addiction cure.
- The compound - the alkaloid ibogaine - is a known natural hallucinogen but has been used experimentally in treating addiction to drugs such as heroin.
- The conference featured speakers on topics ranging from ibogaine to harm reduction in the state of California.
from a blend of iboga (local name for the compound) and cocaine.
More definitions of ibogaineDefinition of ibogaine in:
- The US English dictionary