Definition of ice age in English:
1A glacial episode during a past geological period. See glacial period.
- The most dramatic climate changes have occurred during the past 2 million years when the world entered the present ice age.
- The Time Machine zoomed its lead character into war torn London and past a new ice age.
- One thing that they need not concern themselves with is Global Warming causing the onset of the next ice age.
1.1 (the Ice Age) The series of glacial episodes during the Pleistocene period.
- He was ambivalent about whether or not they were ever filled by ice sheets during the Ice Age.
- Part I explores timber cutting from the end of the Ice Age through the medieval period.
- It was a very quick rate of change between the Ice Age and the warmer period.
Definition of ice age in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan