Definition of ice climbing in English:
The sport or activity of climbing glaciers.
- This involves climbing mixed faces of rock and ice requiring both excellent traditional rock climbing and technical ice climbing skills.
- Michael, we know that in Europe ski mountaineering is considered as much a branch of mountaineering as say, ice climbing.
- For more advanced mountaineers, there is the challenge of ice climbing.
ice climber noun
- Example sentences
- ‘With the Hard Way Diet, I lost every ounce of body fat,’ says a Scottish ice climber, name withheld by request.
- Renowned ice climber, Jeff Lowe, will be giving a lecture at Rheged on Thursday, November 18, as part of the Kendal Mountain Film Festival.
- He's a really good ice climber, so he gets to things we wouldn't touch.
Definition of ice climbing in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan