Definition of ice climbing in English:
The sport or activity of climbing glaciers.
- This involves climbing mixed faces of rock and ice requiring both excellent traditional rock climbing and technical ice climbing skills.
- Michael, we know that in Europe ski mountaineering is considered as much a branch of mountaineering as say, ice climbing.
- For more advanced mountaineers, there is the challenge of ice climbing.
ice climber noun
- Example sentences
- ‘With the Hard Way Diet, I lost every ounce of body fat,’ says a Scottish ice climber, name withheld by request.
- Renowned ice climber, Jeff Lowe, will be giving a lecture at Rheged on Thursday, November 18, as part of the Kendal Mountain Film Festival.
- He's a really good ice climber, so he gets to things we wouldn't touch.
Definition of ice climbing in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.