- A fast contact sport played on an ice rink between two teams of six skaters, who attempt to drive a small rubber disc or puck into the opposing goal with hooked or angled sticks. It developed from field hockey in Canada in the second half of the 19th century.More example sentences
- There is even a newish ice rink and ice hockey team, called the Belfast Giants.
- We also had two decent standard athletics clubs, two half decent ice-hockey teams and Britain's second best ice dancers.
- Two female ice skaters practicing on the ice are crowded off of it by the arrival of two male ice hockey teams.
More definitions of ice hockeyDefinition of ice hockey in:
- The US English dictionary