1A small pick used by climbers to traverse ice-covered slopes.
- They advised qualified parties to bring an ice pick, an avalanche probe and crampons.
- If I tell you it features Mexico, fiestas, Trotsky, Stalin and an ice pick, you'll get the historical drift.
- Should you attempt to dump a Virgo man, he will almost certainly come after you with an ice pick.
2A sharp, straight, pointed implement with a handle, used to break ice into small pieces for chilling food and drinks.
- Get Mom to use an ice pick or other sharp object to puncture the fabric at the screw holes, and re-attach lid to chest.
- An awl, ice pick or other sharp pointed object works well to remove either type of retainer.
- I found a chopper in his right front pocket and an ice pick in another pocket of his pants.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: ice pick
Definition of ice pick in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.