1Water produced by the melting of ice.
- Most of my peas are frozen for later use (cleaned, blanched for two minutes in boiling water, cooled in ice water, drained and put into freezer containers).
- They were blanched in boiling salted water, refreshed in ice water, and then warmed in the garlic herb oil.
- Remove the spatzle with a slotted spoon and place in ice water to shock and cool; drain and set aside.
2 [mass noun] North American Drinking water with ice cubes added.
- In the not too distant past, the best abstaining customers could hope for were coffee, tea, juice, a soda, milk and plain old ice water.
- He tends to lean black in his chair and rarely reaches for the glass of ice water on the coffee table in front of him.
- Replace fruit juice and soft drinks with ice water.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: ice water
Definition of ice water in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.