Definition of ice water in English:
1Water produced by the melting of ice.
- Most of my peas are frozen for later use (cleaned, blanched for two minutes in boiling water, cooled in ice water, drained and put into freezer containers).
- They were blanched in boiling salted water, refreshed in ice water, and then warmed in the garlic herb oil.
- Remove the spatzle with a slotted spoon and place in ice water to shock and cool; drain and set aside.
2 [mass noun] North American Drinking water with ice cubes added.
- In the not too distant past, the best abstaining customers could hope for were coffee, tea, juice, a soda, milk and plain old ice water.
- He tends to lean black in his chair and rarely reaches for the glass of ice water on the coffee table in front of him.
- Replace fruit juice and soft drinks with ice water.
Definition of ice water in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan