Definition of iceboat in English:
1A light, wind-driven vehicle with sails and runners, used for travelling on ice.
- Modern iceboats have been reported to reach 90 miles per hour, but in 1938 an official speed record was set that still holds.
- There's a comfortable ranch house with an Explorer, an Expedition, and a Vanagon in the driveway and an iceboat in the garage.
- And when the water gets hard only the iceboat crowd is smiling.
2A boat used for breaking ice on a waterway.
- He's worked on patrol boats in Florida and scuba-dived under the North Pole, but piloting an iceboat still gets his adrenaline pumping.
- The iceboat's chief, Captain Daniel K. Oliver, picked up his binoculars and took in the view from the Healy's bridge.
Words that rhyme with iceboatlifeboat • longboat
Definition of iceboat in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.