Definition of icebreaker in English:
1A ship designed for breaking a channel through ice.
- Later this month he will fly to Uruguay, and from there catch an ice-breaker ship to the base.
- It is named Arctic because it is an ice-breaker used in Arctic seas.
- There was a Russian ice-breaker tour, with tickets costing around $40,000.
1.1A thing that serves to relieve inhibitions or tension between people.
- Also, team-building activities can be much different than ice-breakers - which do you really want?
- It's a good ice-breaker with people; we talk to them, and it's a little more personable.
- The mock editorial board worked well at Columbia as an ice-breaker to start the day.
Words that rhyme with icebreakerjawbreaker
Definition of icebreaker in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India