Definition of icebreaker in English:
1A ship designed for breaking a channel through ice.
- Later this month he will fly to Uruguay, and from there catch an ice-breaker ship to the base.
- It is named Arctic because it is an ice-breaker used in Arctic seas.
- There was a Russian ice-breaker tour, with tickets costing around $40,000.
1.1A thing that serves to relieve inhibitions or tension between people.
- Also, team-building activities can be much different than ice-breakers - which do you really want?
- It's a good ice-breaker with people; we talk to them, and it's a little more personable.
- The mock editorial board worked well at Columbia as an ice-breaker to start the day.
Definition of icebreaker in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.