- A building for storing ice, typically one situated partly or wholly underground.More example sentences
- Instead, his dull eyes flicked disinterestedly from ice house to ice house, noting the plume of smoke drifting from each.
- We are on the main line sitting in sight of the old ice house.
- Commerce, starting with an ice house, creamery and blacksmith shop, expanded to auto dealers, retail stores, and shopping centers.
More definitions of icehouseDefinition of icehouse in:
- The US English dictionary