- An image of a fish used as a symbol of Christianity.More example sentences
- Religious jewelry such as crosses, crucifixes, stars of David, ichthuses, crescents, etc, are permissible if similar jewelry is permitted in the dresscode.
- The cross on my leg is black ink and the arm band (two ichthuses, a cross and my wife and son's names) is also black ink.
- Do you bless your car - I know the St. Christopher medal's popular, but is there anything else you do to it (scapulars, ichthuses on the back, etc.)?
from Greek ikhthus 'fish', an early symbol of Christianity: the initial letters of the word are sometimes taken as short for Iesous Christos, Theou Uios, Soter (Jesus Christ, son of God, saviour).
More definitions of ichthusDefinition of ichthus in:
- The US English dictionary