Resembling a fish; fishlike.
- The title, taken from St. Anthony's famous ichthyoid missionary work, is Sermon to the Fishes.
- Recovered ichthyoid remains include shark micro teeth and scales.
Any fishlike vertebrate.
- The move left many farmers devastated, some even bankrupt, and triggered intense anger over the government's decision to elevate the concerns of ichthyoids over those of human beings.
- None of you realise it yet, but this is an advance as big as the step the first ichthyoid took out of the protozoic sea 300 million years ago.
- No sign remained there of the ghostly ichthyoids that had emerged from the waves the night before.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: ich¦thy|oid
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.