Definition of ichthyoid in English:
Resembling a fish; fishlike.
- The title, taken from St. Anthony's famous ichthyoid missionary work, is Sermon to the Fishes.
- Recovered ichthyoid remains include shark micro teeth and scales.
nounBack to top
Any fishlike vertebrate.
- The move left many farmers devastated, some even bankrupt, and triggered intense anger over the government's decision to elevate the concerns of ichthyoids over those of human beings.
- None of you realise it yet, but this is an advance as big as the step the first ichthyoid took out of the protozoic sea 300 million years ago.
- No sign remained there of the ghostly ichthyoids that had emerged from the waves the night before.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.