- A hanging, tapering piece of ice formed by the freezing of dripping water.More example sentences
- Then, on location for 1993's The Age of Innocence in Troy, New York, Scorsese ran across an 1896 photo of a burned-out building, hauntingly dripping with icicles.
- Anastas and his friends endure the cold water, watching icicles form on the brims of their neoprene hoods, to get some of the best surfing of the year.
- I drank three coffees and forced myself out for a brisk walk to photograph the dripping icicles before they melt.
Middle English: from ice + dialect ickle 'icicle' (from Old English gicel).
More definitions of icicleDefinition of icicle in:
- The US English dictionary