Definition of iconize in English:
1 Computing another term for iconify.
- Animations, including 3-D animations for iconizing windows, were generally fairly smooth.
- In essence, they are an alternative to iconizing windows.
- You can drag windows from the pager into the icon box to iconize the window without actually going to the desktop the window lives in.
2Treat as an icon: they have been iconized as symbols of strength, courage, and self-sacrifice
More example sentences
- Koraichi's installation iconizes al-Rumi's journey across continents through Turkish ceramic ablution basins, Moroccan gold-embroidered silk, and metal.
- Now we have real GI's being iconized for looking like Robert Mitchum.
- They have been iconised in billboards and adverts across America - as symbols of strength, courage and self-sacrifice.
Definition of iconize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan