Characterized by idealism; unrealistically aiming for perfection: idealistic young doctors who went to work for the rebels
More example sentences
- Is the whole idea that there possibly could be something more to it just some idealistic fairytale notion?
- Is it naively idealistic to imagine a British prime minister taking on such a Herculean burden?
- There are parallels with Preston Tucker, the idealistic American inventor.
- Example sentences
- ‘It sounds idealistically trite now,’ she says.
- Rather, they idealistically tend to believe that we should use our unparalleled military power judiciously and in concert with the United Nations.
- I idealistically said that money was not a factor.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: ideal|is¦tic
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.