verb[with object] chiefly Psychology
1Form an idea of; imagine or conceive.
- Authentic architectural experiences derive from real or ideated bodily confrontations rather than visually observed entities.
- The mind or input consciousness ideated the action concept in the first place - with some effort.
- Our firm ideates, creates and executes growth strategies for multiple retail channel development.
1.1 [no object] Form ideas; think.
- He showed me a special room set aside especially for ‘ideating.’
- Good for him, if it means the Babu can stop ‘ideating’ now.
- When others weep over Bangalore's infrastructure woes, Infosys chairman and chief mentor Narayana Murthy ideates.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: ide¦ate
Definition of ideate in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.