- 1 short for identification, especially in informal or technical use.More example sentences
- It is one of ‘I see this as an ident [a match] because I have been doing this longer than you.’
- ‘Additional idents on the Red Dragon's escorts,’ Garcia said.
- Three minutes later, the controller advised the pilot of the other airplane that the Piper was at 8,200 feet and that there were no further idents.
- 1.1A short sequence shown on television between programmes to identify the channel.More example sentences
- The Title Sequence and Idents Award - This award is given to those working on film titles, bumpers, stings or idents.
- The current series of C4 idents are beautifully presented and will no doubt garner armfuls of awards.
- Well, the new ident for the show has been revealed, and it's shocking different.
More definitions of identDefinition of ident in:
- The US English dictionary