Definition of ident in English:
1 short for identification, especially in informal or technical use.
- It is one of ‘I see this as an ident [a match] because I have been doing this longer than you.’
- ‘Additional idents on the Red Dragon's escorts,’ Garcia said.
- Three minutes later, the controller advised the pilot of the other airplane that the Piper was at 8,200 feet and that there were no further idents.
1.1A short sequence shown on television between programmes to identify the channel.
- The Title Sequence and Idents Award - This award is given to those working on film titles, bumpers, stings or idents.
- The current series of C4 idents are beautifully presented and will no doubt garner armfuls of awards.
- Well, the new ident for the show has been revealed, and it's shocking different.
Definition of ident in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan