- A square matrix in which all the elements of the principal diagonal are ones and all other elements are zeros. The effect of multiplying a given matrix by an identity matrix is to leave the given matrix unchanged.More example sentences
- The matrix I is the identity matrix with ‘ones’ on the diagonal and ‘zeros’ off the diagonal.
- Consider the simple example that arises from regarding the 3 x 3 identity matrix as a co-occurrence matrix.
- Here G is the geometry matrix, and I is the identity matrix.
More definitions of identity matrixDefinition of identity matrix in:
- The US English dictionary